Friday, October 29

"Makin' banana pancakes, pretend like it's the weekend . . ."



Bananas are something everyone in the family eats, so I love having them on hand. The trouble is I don't love going to the store often, so when I do go, I stock up! But then they get spotty and brown too quickly . . . so . . . .
Here's a perfect solution! And these panckaes were so easy! (I suppose most pancakes are) I found this recipe on allrecipes.com, but I tweaked it a bit and doubled it here because we're big eaters. I mean, who eats just one or two pancakes? Come on.
Seth liked these, by the way.  He is not a pancake guy unless they're white and fluffy, and then he won't allow himself more than two bites.  But he actually complimented me on these, and that's saying something.

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg, beaten
2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
4 ripe bananas, mashed

Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot. Yield: 24 pancakes.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lyd Stew said...

Jess- those look great! Tell the truth... did you really use whole wheat? They just don't have "the look" :) Sounds wonderful!