Wednesday, November 17

Good Mood Pancakes

Can we just establish right now that waffles count as pancakes? Ok, now that we have that out of the way, I can share my new creation w/ you. Good Mood Pancakes(or waffles if you prefer). This morning, I woke up in a very good mood. My house was clean, I got 8+ hours of sleep, and the holidays are rolling around (it really doesn't take much to make me happy)! So, I thought that I would spread my happy mood around to my sweet hubby (who often has to fend for himself when it comes to breakfast) and cook pancakes!



So here's the law according to the rules: You CANNOT make these pancakes if you're in a bad mood! And you'll find that if you ARE in a bad mood when you make these, it will go right away because these smell and taste like goodness!

Ok, here you go. Basically, these pancakes are your average pancakes that I spiced up because I was in a good mood (hence the name). Feel free to make them the boring way, if you are in a bad mood! :) Also, as a disclaimer, I'm sure that someone else has already come up w/ this recipe, but I've never seen one, so don't take me to court or anything!

Good Mood Pancakes/Waffles

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
*3/4 c. STRAWBERRY yogurt + 1/4 c. water (this is where I changed things up, the recipe calls for plain yogurt, I switched it to strawberry. It was delicious!)
1 large egg
2 tablespoons oil
*1 tsp. VANILLA (Another way I changed things! Vanilla makes the world so much better!)
*Another add-on of mine is that you HAVE to have served w/ homemade whipped cream on top!

Put the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl. Stir to mix well. Measure the yogurt mixture in a 2-cup glass measure. Add the egg and oil and vanilla to the measuring cup. Beat with a fork or wire whisk to blend. Add to the flour mixture and stir to form a smooth batter.

For pancakes: Heat the griddle or skillet over moderately high heat until it feels hot when you hold your hand directly above it. Lightly grease the griddle. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto the griddle. Cook 3-5 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and the undersides are golden brown. Adjust the heat if the pancakes are browning too fast. Turn the pancakes over and cook 1-2 minutes longer to brown the second side.

For waffles: heat the waffle iron; grease it lightly. Pour in the appropriate amount of batter and spread to the edges. Close and cook until the iron will open easily. Keep finished waffles or pancakes warm in a 200ºF oven - pancakes on a plate and loosely covered to keep moist; waffles directly on the oven rack, uncovered, to stay crisp. Makes 8 4" pancakes.

Serves 4. From www.thatsmyhome.com

Happy Good Moods to you all!

3 comments:

jess and seth said...

Mmmmm . . . strawberry yogurt--what a good idea! You are a genius!

Lyd Stew said...

Good work Pete! They sounds like winners. Puts me in a good mood just reading about them. :) You are such a good wiffy- poor Doug... I'm just not the breakfast queen. Occasionally pancakes are about all I do. We were taught better huh? This is a little hard for me, because I'm wanting to come up with new pancake recipes, but then I see some of these... is it ok to "re-post"? :)

grace said...

all pancakes are good mood pancakes for this gal! i LOVE the addition of a flavored yogurt--strawberry's a favorite, but i've also done coconut and liked it VERY much. :)