Tuesday, June 15

Blitz Pancakes

I'm excited to contribute this little gem of a recipe that I found. I haven't always been a pancake lover, but these were yummy and different than the "norm." They blend sour cream and cottage cheese--ingredients usually associated with blitzes. But that's what gives them such a distinct, delicious, old fashioned flavor. You can top the pancakes with berry syrup, fruit (we chose peaches) and whipped cream to turn an ordinary morning into an extraordinary day!

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour and I promise it tasted delicious!)
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
1 cup (8 oz) small curd cottage cheese (I used large curd and it still tasted delicious)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
Syrup (optional)
Fresh fruit (optional)
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt; mix well. Add sour cream, cottage cheese and eggs; mix just until combined. Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when edges are set; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve w/ syrup and fruit of desired. (Yield: 12 pancakes)Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when edges are set;
Turn when edges are set; cook until second side is golden brown.
Serve w/ syrup and fruit of desired. (Yield: 12 pancakes) *note: the picture above shows my husbands pancakes. He LOVES whipped cream. The picture below shows a normal scoop of whipped cream. These surprised me with their deliciousness! Enjoy! <3, Aunt B


4 comments:

Amy Jo Romney said...

Thanks for posting Beth! Those look so good! I am with Jonathon, load up the wipped cream! My pancakes would look exactly the same as his. :)

jess and seth said...

Smart way to sneak in the protein, Beth!

smilinggreenmom said...

These look great and I have never heard of using sour cream! Wow. They look great though and I cannot wait to try this using our favorite whole wheat flour called Kamut! Our kids love pancakes and that just makes them so healthy! It's a win-win!

Amy Jo Romney said...

Kamut? I have never heard of it. I will have to check that out! Sounds neat.